LIST OF SERVICES
2021 (1st Edition)
Security Licensing Division (SLD) Services
1. Authority Purchase Firearms (ATPF)
2. New License to Operate (LTO) for PSA (Temporary)
3. New Regular License to Operate (LTO) for PSA
4. Renewal of Regular License to Operate (LTO) for PSA
5. Extension License to Operate (LTO) for PSA
6. New License to Operate (LTO) for PDA (Temporary)
7. New Regular License to Operate (LTO) for PDA
8. Renewal of Regular License to Operate (LTO) for PDA
9. Extension License to Operate (LTO) for PDA
10. New License to Operate (LTO) for CSU (Temporary)
11. New Regular License to Operate (LTO) for CSU
12. Renewal of Regular License to Operate (LTO) for CSU
13. Extension License to Operate (LTO) for CSU
14. Change of Licensee/Business Address and/or Business Name of PSA/PDA
15. Change of Business Status from Single Proprietorship to Corporation as PSA/PDA
16. Cease to Operate (CTO) for PSSPs with Temporary LTO
17. Cease to Operate (CTO) for PSSPs with Regular LTO
18. Voluntary Cease to Operate (CTO) for PSSPs with Temporary LTO
19. Voluntary Cease to Operate (CTO) for PSSPs with Regular LTO
20. Application for Certificate of Registration (CR) for Government Guard Units (GGU)
21. SEC/DTI Endorsement for PSA/PDA
22. Application for License to Exercise Security Profession (LESP) New and Renewal
Enforcement Management Division (EMD) Services
1. Issuance of Non-Pending Case
2. Conduct of Administrative Inspection
3. Conduct of Post to Post Inspection
4. Accreditation of PSA to Employ/Deploy Protection Agents
5. Authority to Deploy Protection Agents
6. Issuance of Special Duty Detail Order (SDDO) with 15 days Validity
7. Issuance of Special Duty Detail Order (SDDO) with 30 days Validity
8. Accreditation of Armored Vehicles
9. Authority to Wear Special Set of Uniform (SSU)
Security Training Management Division (STMD) Services
1. Issuance of Accreditation of Private Security Training Institute for Specialized Course and Regular
2. Issuance of Letter of Authority
3. Issuance Administration Inspection for PSTIs New/Renewal
4. Issuance of Accreditation of Training Director, Training Officer, and Training Instructor
Security Canine Management Division (SCMD) Services
1. Accreditation of Private Security Canine Training Center
2. Accreditation of Private Canine Security Service Provider
3. Canine Team Evaluation Test (Walk-In)
4. Change of Licensee/Business Name/Address of Security Canine Service Provider
5. Change of Licensee/Business Name/ Address of Private Security Canine Training Center
SUPERVISORY OFFICE FOR SECURITY AND INVESTIGATION AGENCIES (SOSIA)
2021 (1st Edition)
The 2003 Revised Rules and Regulations Implementing Republic Act No. 5487 as amended
- To implement the laws, rules and regulations governing the administration and general supervision over the organization, operation, business and other related activities of all licensed private detective, watchmen, security guard agencies and company/ government guard forces throughout the country.
- To disseminate polices, rules and regulations promulgated by the Chief, PNP or his authorized representatives pertaining to security guards and their agencies.
- To provide administrative services in the issuance of licenses for private
security agencies, private detective agencies, company guard forces and government security forces.
- To conduct inspection of posted guards on duty, company guard forces, security agencies and company guard forces.
- To investigate complaints against private security agencies, company guard forces, private detective agencies and security guards/watchman.
- To supervise the training and re-training of security guards being conducted by PNP Offices and other accredited security guards training schools.
- To maintain and update records of security consultants, security officers, private detective, watchman, security guards, security agencies and company guard forces.
By 2026, SOSIA shall be transformed into a highly digital capable for an effective, efficient and credible ICT based regulatory and supervisory Office.
SOSIA is committed to the vision of an effective and efficient regulatory office in providing administrative services and general supervision to PSAs, PDAs, CGFs, GSFs and PTSCs, security personnel and all stakeholders and the private security industry capable of using technology and modern data base management system for a globally competitive private security service and highly capable and trained security personnel.
To regulate and supervise the organization and operation of Private Security Service Providers, Private Security Personnel and Private Security Training Institutions.
To provide administrative services and general supervision over the management and operations of all organized private security agencies/ detective/watchmen, company guard forces and government Security Forces throughout the country.
- Service Pledge:
Guided by its Mission, Vision and Core Values supervisory Office for Security and Investigation Agencies is committed to deliver quality regulatory services and operational supervision over security service providers and security personnel.
To attain this, SOSIA commits to:
- Provide Service Excellence, Output Based, Steadfast Integrity and Automation in carrying out its mandate;
- Effective implement and enforce security agency and security licenses laws, rules and regulations; and
- Continuously improve SOSIA system and procedures in conformity with all applicable requirements.